Apartment house - Żeglarska street no. 7
Late-gothic apartment house in Żeglarska street no. 7. Till 1601 it was headquarters of municipal guards. Inside, an ornamented baroque ceiling and a spiral staircase can be found. The grey facade was precisely reconstructed basing on the preserved original fragments. It is a first class monument.
Dąmbski Palace - Żeglarska street no. 8
Built in late XVII century in place of two gothic apartment houses. It is distinguished by beautiful baroque facade covered with decorative stucco arabesques and an impressive renovated portal. It derived its name from its founder and first owner Stanisław Kazimierz Dąmbski, politician and a bishop from Chełmno. Until the end of XVIII century, the palace was owned by the Dąmbski family, afterwards it became officers’ canteen (at first Prussian, then Polish). In 1950s the building was adapted for academic needs and turned into the seat of the Institute of Fine Arts of Nicolaus Copernicus University.
House in Żeglarska street no. 13
It is one of the oldest apartment houses in Toruń, used to be a property of wealthy patricians. Recently, it was returned to its original gothic form, and regained its splendid appearance when a new glazed gable was added to the construction. The front of the house has a medieval character and the window frames were added later. Nowadays, it is the seat of "PZU Life" Insurance Company.
Roesner House - Chełmińska street no. 28
These are two almost identical baroque apartment houses located in Chełmińska street no. 28. The history of these buildings starts in the Middle Ages. They have undergone numerous reconstructions till the general reconstruction in 1712, during which the houses received their baroque form. Their front facade was decorated with stucco arabesque motifs typical of the baroque period. The bigger corner building was used for housing purposes, as testifies the decorative portal adorned with numerous stucco ornaments. The whole portal is made of sandstone. The sunflower and angels with palm leaves in one hand and a wreath in the other are the most impressive decorations of the portal. During general renovation and conservation, the houses were returned to their original interior arrangement and side walls retained their gothic appearance. Nowadays, the apartment houses are the seat of a bank.