Apartment house - Mostowa street no. 30
It is a large neoclassical apartment house from the turn of XIX/XX centuries, with a protruding bay window. Formerly owned by a rich Hozakowski family. The last descendant of the line was a French consul who lived there in the period between the two world wars and shortly after the Second World War. At that time, a French flag always hung on the house and a banner on the façade is the reminder of this fact. A baroque portal from 1648 deserves a closer look.
Apartment house - Mostowa street no. 24 and no. 22
A two-axle gothic apartment house with geometrical paintings on the façade survived in no.24. The three-colour paintings - in black, white and red - were typical of medieval Toruń.
A three-axle (with three vertical rows of windows) gothic apartment house is located in no. 22. Along the central part of the house run two ridges dividing side window rows from the central row. Whereas the gable is finished in baroque style.
Apartment house - Mostowa street no. 18
In 1920s young Wisława Szymborska, future excellent poet and a Nobel Prize winner lived in this house.
Apartment house - Mostowa street no. 17
In neoclassical house no. 17 "The Eagle” (formerly "The Black Eagle “) hotel is localised. As early as in the Prussian period (turn of XIX/XX centuries) a hotel functioned in the house. In the interwar-period Mr. Sakiewicz bought this hotel on his return from the USA. In 1948 he was expropriated, and did not live to receive his property back. Nowadays, the hotel is a Polish-Italian joint venture.
Apartment house - Mostowa street no. 14
In Mostowa street no. 14 stands a great apartment house of humble neoclssical form dating from late XIX century. It used to be a palace of wealthy banker family - the Fengers, called the Fenger Palace, built in mid XVIII century. This house is the place of birth of Fryderyk Skarbek, an excellent economist, who was the godfather of the famous composer and pianist Fryderyk Chopin. During his stay in Szafarnia in 1825, Chopin visited the Fenger Family – his godfather's grandparents. Two plaques mounted on the frontage of the house commemorate the birth of Fryderyk Skarbek and the visit of Fryderyk Chopin.
Apartment house - Mostowa street no. 6
In the Mostowa street no. 6, three late-gothic apartment houses are located. They are an interesting example of urban architecture of Toruń. Until the beginning of XVI century, these were three separate apartment houses, which were later joined by pinnacles and common semicircular flanked gables. During the baroque period, the houses were further modernised (particularly their interior). Reminders of this modernisation are the spiral staircase and a sculpture of a lion holding a shield with the date of 1699. On the left side of the staircase stood a wooden statue of a knight, which is nowadays exhibited in the District Museum in the Town Hall.
Swedish Granary - Mostowa street no. 1
A large, two-wing baroque granary from 1719. It was built next to a town gate which means its main purpose was to store goods transported via the Vistula River to Toruń. In 1823 it was enlarged to fit the needs of the Toruń Stronghold and joined to a tower, becoming the biggest granary in Toruń and one of the biggest in Poland (possibly the biggest). After conservation and rebuilding of the interior, a stylish "Spichrz" hotel with a restaurant and a café was set up in the granary.
Granary - Podmurna street no. 1/3
In the Podmurna 1/3 one of the oldest granaries in Toruń can be found. It was build in the turn of XIII/XIV centuries and decorated with a double toothed crest running around the upper part of the building. In XIX and XX centuries it was an apartment house, and after the World War II, the granary was turned into an electrical workshop. Now it is utilized for cultural purposes.